Here is a yummy dessert or afternoon snack that's packed full of healthy, mood boosting ingredients. I used nuts, dates, raw cacao powder, reishi mushroom, and ashwagandha to boost my mood and help ease anxiety.
These are so simple to make, and just as simple to customize. You can use any nut you'd like, omit the adaptogens if you don't have any on hand, or substitute for different adaptogens!
1. Add your dates to a food processor and pulse until well broken down and soft. Remove from processor and set aside
2. Add your pecans, and pulse until finely broken up, then add your almond flour, coconut flour, reishi, ashwagandha, cacao powder, and process until fully combined.
3. Next, add your processed dates back into the food process, and the vanilla extract, and pulse until fully incorporated. If the mixture is too loose and dry, add some water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is still loose, but holds together well.
4. Using a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out dough and form into balls. Pop into freezer to firm up. I like to store mine in the freezer for a chewy and cold treat!
Makes about 16-20 balls
* double the recipe and add more water to make a softer dough, and use it to make my Adaptogenic Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches!