These muffins are amazing! Everyone in my family loved them. They were gone in one day, no joke. They are gluten, grain, and dairy free. The peanut butter filling takes them over the top. I don’t know why I never thought of doing this before. Enjoy!
For the batter:
•1 ½ cup almond flour or almond meal
•2 tablespoons coconut flour
•1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
•1 tablespoon cinnamon
•1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
•2 teaspoons Maca
•¼ cup melted coconut oil
•¼ cup maple syrup
•4 over ripe bananas, smashed
For the filling:
•¼ cup plus peanut butter
•1 tablespoon honey
•1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line muffin tins with liners
3. In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
4. Whisk together melted coconut oil, eggs, and maple syrup, stir into dry ingredients, then fold in the banana.
5. Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
6. Pour a heaping tablespoon of batter into the muffin tins
7. Pour one heaping teaspoon of filling over batter then pour one tablespoon of batter over the filling to cover it
8. Optional Garnish: Place sliced banana on top of each individual muffin
9. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.
10. Allow to cool in pans about 15 minutes before eating.
Recipe adapted from @goop